Saturday, June 19, 2010

Scotland: My Artist Residency Begins

I interrupt these somewhat regularly scheduled blog posts for an almost complete change of direction because I have just arrived in Scotland to be an artist in residence for the next 3 months and will be recording some of my experiences here. As usual the focus will be on photography (like this blog) but I will occasionally be offering some more diaristic experiences from this adventure. The thing i look forward to the most is being able to walk out everyday and make photographs just for me. I don't think I've ever had the opportunity to continuously shoot something for more than a week at a time. The idea to think about a place and different ideas for such a long time, to truly distill my thoughts slowly is a great gift. And my stone cottage (above) will shelter me from the rain when necessary and warm me in these cooler climes. And of course I will still be posting about fashion, etc. more than once in awhile, but as of now, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment